Cards Against Humanity is seeking a remote Mid-Level Designer to join our small but important Design Team. This is a full-time, salaried, union position, with a very competitive benefits package.
Since our launch in 2010, Cards Against Humanity has become known worldwide for our ridiculous products and irreverent stunts executed with extreme attention to detail. Design is core to everything we do—from expansions and websites to retail displays and emails—and as a member of our Design Team, you’ll have a real voice in shaping the brand’s future. Just in 2022, we launched a high-concept merch line for a jar of clam-flavored mayonnaise, offered 200% off the most beautiful card storage device ever made, released a whole bunch of expansions, donated $400k to the National Network of Abortion Funds, gave away a one-of-a-kind Toyota Clamry, and much more.
The company operates remotely, with most staff based in Los Angeles and Chicago. As a member of our small team, you’ll have the ability to push yourself creatively and become fully involved in every aspect of the design process—working with every department in the company and even directly with the partners.
- Familiarity with Cards Against Humanity and our products and stunts.
- 3 years or more of professional graphic design experience at a studio or in-house environment.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and G Suite.
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating a strong design sensibility, attention to detail, and the ability to expand concepts across platforms and mediums.
- Awareness and interest in cultural and visual trends and an aptitude for bringing new ideas to projects in progress.
- Organizational skills sufficient to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capacity to absorb feedback thoughtfully and iterate quickly.
- Willing to work west coast hours (Pacific time).
- Bonus points for strong skills in any of the following: Illustration, Motion Graphics, Video Production, Photography and Photo Editing, Product Engineering, and Front-End Web Development.
- Salary Range: $70k and up based on experience
- Comprehensive zero-deductible PPO medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with company matching and profit-sharing contributions
- 20 days of annual, bankable paid vacation
- Company-sponsored short and long-term disability insurance
- Annual professional development stipend
- Monthly technology stipend
- ….and more!
To apply, email Jobs+Design@CardsAgainstHumanity.com with:
- A brief introduction of yourself and why you think Cards Against Humanity is a good fit
- Your resume
- Your design portfolio (as a link or an attached PDF)
- Two references with commentary on your ability to work on a team